HSCC

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

HSCC

Post by Bob Bull »

Richard playing with an Elan

You wait years for an SLR and then three come together.

Well done to Richard on his Class win and finishing less than a second from the Lotus, and to Johhny Embers on a fine 7th overall and a class win in the GT & SCC race. After the race the Team manageress was to be seen scurrying through the paddock with an armful of beer bottles!!! Clearly Equipe Emberson can't afford Champagne!! Oh! Bill Wykeham played his part in the success.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Re: HSCC

Post by John Emberson »

Bob,

Don't you think the Alfa TZ is more of a champagne sort of car than a Morgan? This Alfa also caused me heart failure a little while later when he span right in front of me on oil at Copse.

Funnily enough Simon said to me and Jack at the start, wouldn't it look great for the photograpers if we went round some corners three-abreast but I had thought he was only joking.....

A lucky win for Team Emberson (after Bill qualified us ahead of the other SLR's & got fastest lap) as Keith's SLR (driven by the Bellinger's) lost a wheel and Simon's got boxed in on the pit-stop. As Jack said afterwards, we had a ball!

Most exciting race to watch was Richards dice with that Lotus, which was virtually neck & neck the whole time.
John Emberson
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

"This Alfa also caused me heart failure a little while later when he span right in front of me on oil at Copse."

Maybe he had been at the Champers before the race?

With Richard V the Elan watching from Brooklands it seemed if the Morgan was making up ground on the corner, where one might of thought the Lotus would be quicker!!!

Bob.
Regards
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Hi Bob
Good to see you on Saturday, yup it was a tough race your observations were correct the Elan was slower in the corners but very quick on the straights I have to run a full width screen in the 70's Roadsports so a bit like driving a brick I think it would have been very different on an aero screen :lol:
Thanks for the great photos of the Plus 4 =D> the photo of three SLR's all together must be a first :?:
See you at MG live
Richard
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

A good meeting and some fine racing, but I understand that Simon was besieged by autograph hunters, and someone EVEN wanted Jack's!! Unbelievable!!!!!

PS; What's happend to my pictures?????
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Billy and me had a busy sort of weekend , But racing gremlins got the better of us ..
A special thanks to Kieth . for letting me play in the SLR with Billy which can only be described as an absolute privilege
To going round Silverstone Gp Circuit with all three SLR,s together ( I was laughing myn head off ) an unbelievable experience ...
Somehow we got ourselves into a gaggle of lots of other cars and where swapping places it was just Fantastic
John and the Alfa and the oil at Copse Ive never taken such a wide line (nearly on the A40) I think I pulled a Muscle in me Bum !! (how are you walking today John)
Well done to Simon for getting past me (next time Im gonna bribe that Marshall with the flag)

Bob ....the bloke who wanted the autograph had a picture of me as well that he wanted signing (where were the Girls)
I cant open your picture ???
John and Bill.W. Well done.

Once again Thank you Kieth ( it was fantastic)

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

[quote ( I was laughing myn head off ) an unbelievable experience ...[/quote]

Funny, that Jack ... I was laughing mien head off at your driving as well!

I expect the picture you signed was a top quality item, I wonder where it came from?
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Thanks Bob great photo,, the little Lotus 11 up the front . I used to drive with a friend .
that means I drven 3 out of the 5 cars in that photo ( who,s a lucky boy then ??)

Suppose I owe you a beer

jack
Simon Orebi Gann
Morgan Class C

Post by Simon Orebi Gann »

It was a really great race, and for 20 minutes with the 3 SLRs together it was a historic moment. Bob's picture and caption sums it up; just a pity that on occasions other cars tried to interfere with our game. Didn't they realise that they were trespassing?

Well done to everyone for making it such a fun time.

Jack, how do you manage it? Pass the car on to the trainee just before the engine blows up, and a couple of laps before the wheel falls off? your sense of timing is stunning!

here's to the next time
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Simon...
I learnt a long time ago .... How to treat Ladies over 50

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

It should be noted that Simon was not always at the back of the queque!!!
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

It should also be noted that sometimes Jack was at the back of the train of SLR's.

Note the wayward Triumph getting in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Look closely and you can spot two spectators!!!! Weather was right 'taters' eh? Jack!
Regards
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

excellent photos Bob. Will you be honouring us with your presence at Donington for the Peter Morgan races?

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

2 spectators.....!!!!!!... 1 of them isnt even looking..

jack