Oil cooler cowl for 1954 +4

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
Sean Horwood
Anti spam question: MSA

Oil cooler cowl for 1954 +4

Post by Sean Horwood »

Hi,
I'm looking to put my +4 on track and intend to remove the bumpers and bumper irons as part of the process of preparation. This of course leaves the front (beneath the grille) very open. I have noticed a number of cars have a cowl benath the grille, with a hole of the oil cooler (perfect example is the SuperSports shown in this months Classic Car mag).
Is anybody manufacturing these at the moment (ali or fibreglass)?

Many thanks

Sean
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Re: Oil cooler cowl for 1954 +4

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Sean
For an Ali undertray phone Steve Barnes at Vintage Sheet Metal, Colwall, Nr Malvern on
01684 540677
Richard
Sean Horwood

Post by Sean Horwood »

Thanks - one for Monday!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Has any one got a spare oil pressure relieve valve adjuster locknut spanner for a Series one Tennis racket?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Has any one got a spare oil pressure relieve valve adjuster locknut spanner for a Series one Tennis racket?
Is that the one with left hand thread or right hand thread?
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Carefull Mary you may drive him Nuts (he,s got a screw loose anyway)

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

[Is that the one with left hand thread or right hand thread?[/quote]

Mary,
Don't be silly, until I get the spanner I won't know

jack bellinger wrote:(he,s got a screw loose anyway)
In that case ....... has anyone got a left handed screw driver?
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

has anyone got a left handed screw driver?
They are for use only by left handed people otherwise the effort required to operate it is outside EU Elfin Safety limits. [-X
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:They are for use only by left handed people otherwise the effort required to operate it is outside EU Elfin Safety limits.
You are partly right Mary, however, the left handed screw driver is standard in the Southern Hemisphere where, due to the earth's rotational spin and the 'Reverse Toroidal Thrust Effect' screws can only be tightened in an anticlockwise direction, which caused Tim Hill considerable expense when he moved to the Antipodes, not to say considerable confusion and distress.
When applied to tennis rackets (remember?) the requirement is exactly the same, and as mine previously belonged to a chap called Rod Lava, a red hot Ossie Champion at hitting balls, I need a left handed screw driver!

I fully appreciate your efforts to be helpful, which are the complete opposite to that Bellinger fellow from Bow.

Bob

Did I not, in a previous existence, deny all knowledge of tennis rackets? Oh Dear, I am in trouble again I fear.
Regards
Dan Jarvis

Post by Dan Jarvis »

Hi Bob, I think you might struggle getting a standard left handed screwdriver so I have attached a link to a lefthanded impact screwdriver that I feel might be more usefull for working with tennis rackets http://lotusdriversclubonline.org.uk/in ... mage&id=63
See you about
Dan
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Its OK Dan Bob thinks that bumble Bees dont fly ! as well
jack
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

Bob
If in doubt as to which screwdriver to use, right-hand or left-hand, best i find to revert to that trusty lump hammer ~ works every time, belive me ~ even on tennis rackets!!
Barry
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Dan Jarvis wrote:Hi Bob, I think you might struggle getting a standard left handed screwdriver so I have attached a link to a lefthanded impact screwdriver that I feel might be more usefull for working with tennis rackets http://lotusdriversclubonline.org.uk/in ... mage&id=63
See you about
Dan
jack bellinger wrote:Its OK Dan Bob thinks that bumble Bees dont fly ! as well
Barry Sumner wrote:If in doubt as to which screwdriver to use, right-hand or left-hand, best i find to revert to that trusty lump hammer ~ works every time, belive me ~ even on tennis rackets!!
Barry
Well I must say I am truly impressed by the depth of knowledge displayed by by all of the respondents on this subject (well with one obvious exception) I am extremly grateful to all of you chaps and Mary (of course) for the heplful suggestions with regard to solving my racket problem. Left-handed impact screw driver?
Dan, are you sure that a left handed impact is legal in the UK? It rather sounds like a pugilistic device for disabling opponents in the ring. Never mind I will certainly bear your ideas in mind, although from my recollection of Lotus cars they have a distressing tendency to fall apart.

Jack! Bumble B orf!!

Barry,
Do the said lump hammers come in left hand mode? I would hate to splurge on such an implement only to find it irretrievably ruins my precious racket due to a ham fisted right hand thump.

I will desist from any further attempts to repair the racket until everybody has had a chance to put forward their own ideas. Keep them coming.

See you on Saturday.

Bob Love 1.
Regards
Dan Jarvis

Post by Dan Jarvis »

Ha! Bob your quite right, I should have been racing Saturday at the BDC meet, but have had to withdraw my entry due to my Lotus falling apart Wednesday testing at Mallory, It must be something to do with racing with the Bentley Drivers club as at their event last yearI snapped the propshaft, this time I have blown the engine, i'll still be coming up to the event though to support a few friends who I convinced to enter the races I was doing. Will hopefully see you there.
Regards Dan
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Dan,
I will look forward to seeing you again on Saturday, best time and place is at the TT presentation in the paddock (lot's of free scoff you see), but I am wondering what you are doing on this forum, it caters mainly for Morgan drivers and idiots, and you drive a Lotus and occasional Aston Martin.

Bob
Who does not drive a Morgan.
Regards