42mm DCOE Webers

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
machiel kalf

42mm DCOE Webers

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Morgan +4 friends,

At the moment I have 2 sets of 42mm DCOE Weber carburators for sale. The carburators are including the original trumpets! On top of that: the complete set of typical Lawrence Tune linkage.

If you are interested, please phone me: 00 31 6 41776237 or mail me: machielkalf@ziggo.nl

Hope that I can make someone very happy with this fantastic set of history,

Machiel Kalf.
machiel kalf

Re: 42mm DCOE Webers

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Morgan +4 friends,

To be honest, I am very surprised........... someone came to me and offered me €2400,- for the 42mm Webers DCOE's.
This gentleman told me that he has been to Italy to the most important classic car fair. The Italians told him that 42mm Webers are VERY rare and not for sale any more!

I think this was what we call a moment of learning!

Best regards, Machiel Kalf.
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Don't send them until you get the money!

Meanwhile I have a pair of 50mm DCO for sale
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Hallo Andy,

The point is that, as far as I know there are just 2 cars that left the factory with the 42DCOE's: Maserati 3500 and the Morgan +4SS. The Maserati 3500 is very polulair at the moment. There's just one problem: a lot of those cars have Lucas injection systems. They like to remove that system and replace it with the 42 Webers. That gives the "tension" on the market for this type of Webers.

I still have the original Lawrence Tune linkage. I think I put it in a show case with all kind of LT items. Nobody likes to do an offer.

Best regards,

Machiel.
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Post by John Emberson »

Machiel,

I run 42DCOE's on RU with its 1991cc engine and to acquire these I had to send Catherine who a huge bag of cash to a secret rendezvous for the exchange before all the other interested parties from across Europe could gazump me! As Bill Wykeham says, we should start to view these and Moss boxes as fine wines as there is a diminishing supply.

So, maybe your LT display should kept under lock & key!

Cheers,
John Emberson
jochem kentgens1
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by jochem kentgens1 »

Andy, would 50mm's work on a TR engined car?

I run 45mm's - maximum within homologation.

But a friend who races a big Healey was surprised about 50mm's on his Healey.....gained him 3 seconds a lap at Spa.....

So might be an idea for non App K events....

Jochem
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Hallo John!

Good to hear from you! Yes, I think we have to be very careful with all this "stuff" that was once for sale on every corner of the street. But, in modern times it's all gone.
It's a good feeling to have the special items in stock, ha, ha....
For example: if you take part in a concours, you need the original Lucas parts, like a coil, distributor cap etc. In the past they where easy to find. But today, an original distributor cap, with the brandname "Lucas" on it is hard to cath. You see the same problem with the original Lucas "Sport Coil". On most cars they use the "gold colour" coil. Of course they work very well, but how ugly it looks...........

Anyway, it makes the hobby very interesting.

Enjoy your weekend, Machiel.