Awards Dinner

Races, track days, testing ...
Richard Smith

Awards Dinner

Post by Richard Smith »

I am pleased to tell you that two places for each of the Awards to be presented at the Awards Dinner in 2008 have been reserved. These places will be reserved for only one month, from 1st November when the booking forms will be available on the Club Website. After 1st December, they will cease to be reserved. If you know that you are a winner, please act promptly. I know that some of the award winners will not be known until after the Drivers Dinners, but that still gives a week or two to get your bookings in.
Richard Smith
Unstone Green, Derbyshire
1993 4/4 1.6efi MSCC 11823
Richard Smith

Awards Dinner February 2008

Post by Richard Smith »

Will all current trophy holders please ensure that the trophies are engraved with your names (and polished!). If you are not attending the Awards Dinner, and are retaining a trophy, then please hold on to it. Otherwise, trophies must be returned either direct to me, or to the Abbey Hotel on Awards day. I am delighted that so many winners will be at the Awards Dinner. Amended rules will be published in Miscellany in February, they apply to all competitors. Thanks to all who have helped make this job a lot easier.
Richard Smith
Richard Smith

Re: Awards Dinner

Post by Richard Smith »

The Awards Dinner is in two days time, so I hope that any of you out there who have trophies and are not attending the dinner should have got them either back to me, or arranged to have them taken to Malvern on Saturday for my attention. (Unless you have won them again in which case, hold on to them.

It appears that one major trophy has gone missing. The recipient either left it on a table or gave it to someone who has not now got it. This could be quite embarassing as the sponsor will be there on Saturday to present it.

We have a new Taylor Trophy, heaven alone knows where the last on is.

I hope all trophy winners like (and will use) the replica trophies which they will receive!
Richard Smith
Richard Smith

Awards Dinner 2009

Post by Richard Smith »

Yes, I am starting early! There have been some very nice comments about this year's awards ceremony, and I would like to again thank all who helped, including those who made the 70% figure! Please note the Awards Dinner 2008 date in your diaries, and make every effort to attend especially if you are to be awarded, or re-awarded, a trophy. I have already spoken to the manufacturers of the replicas to be awarded next year, and believe me, they are going to be well worth winning.
Richard Smith
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

“ Please note the Awards Dinner 2008 date in your diaries”

I think we’ve missed it. What is the date for 2009 ?
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

6,7,8 Feb 2009, It's in Miscellany this month.
Richard Smith